HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE PROGRAMS WE HELP SUPPORT AS
ROTARY CONTINUES TO GIVE BACK TO THE YOUTH IN OUR COMMUNITY!
- We purchased bicycle helmets for those in need in Kindergarten and First Grade.
- Little League Team Sponsors
- Grove City Community Library Summer Reading Program
- Foreign Exchange Program - Full year exchange or summer exchange - For more information contact: email@example.com - students will complete a preliminary one-page application along with their choice of five countries and should be interviewed by your club. If your club feels they are good candidate for exchange, you forward their application to me and I arrange for them to attend the District Interviews in November – at the Legacy after the Foundation meeting. If the District committee accepts them, they are invited to submit an application and $200 application fee. Country matches are made in January. Cost of the entire program is $4,800 which includes airfare, insurance, blazer, travel bag, name badge, business cards and orientation. This is all for the long-term exchange. The process is shortened for the summer exchange but the student and family are interviewed in their home. Interested students should visit the ESSEX website – www.exchangestudent.org for more information or contact Nancy Clemente, District Youth Exchange Chair.
- Award a minimum of three $1,000 scholarships for GJR and GCHS Students every year :
- Leadership Camp Sponsorships: Rotary Outstanding Vocation Award ROVA
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award RYLA - 1 week camp at Westminster College
- We send students to the Rotary World Affairs Council in Pittsburgh every year